I have officially eliminated internet and television from my home. No, I'm not typing this at home, I'm in the safety of a university owned and operated computer lab. With this new "free time" I will be able to more fully devote myself to self-awareness and exploration, soul spelunking, reading, prayer, background music, and piles of school assignments.
This change has been really telling. I find when I get home that I immediately want to turn on the television to see what is playing. I had no idea I was so hard wired. Several times a day I question what am I going to do with my time not watching TV (for there is much of it). The answer is everything that I should have been doing the past 3 semesters when I was watching TV. Tasks and devotions that result in growth and development rather than simple time swallowing.
I would really appreciate it if you would join me in praying for clarity and direction from the Lord in a couple of specific, unsaid areas.
Wednesday, August 27
Proud Mary
Posted by deliveredjude at 12:22 PM
Labels: adult living, time, Tina Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know I'm praying.
Why the Tina Turner reference?
"Left a good job in the city..."
I can't make the connection. It was good to talk to you last night! Much love!
Just to let you know, NO ONE can keep up with their comments. Those boys are crazy-face. =)
And thanks for letting me know about Tina. I couldn't get it. Kinda got afraid there may have been an Ike and Tina reference. (J/k)
I'm glad we're friends too. And we make such good ones... =)
Post a Comment