How appropriate that this golden oldie tune just chimed in the hotel where I now work as I open up this new post. I am confused as how to go about being genuine and authentic in this blog without it becoming an emotional vomit bucket. No one likes emotional vomit buckets whatever they may so.
I am getting married in 6 days. I am incredibly excited to see old friends, to be surrounded by love, family, and friends, to see the Lord's providence in it all amidst the various challenges, and to be married to by my beloved til death separates us for a time. The nearness of the wedding has definitely heightened my anxiety concerning my insecurities and inadequacies. Maybe having a person so near and so close - like a magnifying glass - brings out the beauty in the crevices and broken places through the wondrous vulnerability.
I know this decision and this commitment are bigger and deeper than I realize at this time. I love talking with couples who have been married various lengths of times. There is a true sense of membership around those who are married. I feel like my eyes have been opened to a club that's always been in existence and I never realized they had meetings but were doing so all around me.
Here are a few lessons I'm learning:
- Not everything has to be said, regardless of how true it is.
- Leave and cleave brings about joy and loss
- Trying to change my spouse is futile, fruitless, and manipulative
As usual, this post was a big blob of randomness....which is pretty much how my mind and life works. I hope it is profitable for all involved.
Sunday, December 28
Ain't nothin' like the real thing baby...
Posted by deliveredjude at 5:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment