Thursday, July 10

Too Long

So, I can't believe it has taken me this long to update, despite how many times I have been on this site since I last posted. Well...I guess I can believe it, but I will work to be better.

Like Mr. J often speaks of, I ponder on the things I could write that would be really impressive and wonderful and I'm left speechless. Thus, I'll try and do like my other good friends and just write cause that's what it's about.

I'm kind of at peace. Not at a place where I'm solidified, but at rest...in my innards. That's a nice feeling.

Social work: Oh how I'm not sure what to do with you. I am currently in my 3rd of 5 semesters of the master's program. Let me say that I am very ready to wrap this up. I find myself wanting to distract myself in many things other than academia. Relationships, the church, reading just to read, drawing, listening to music, singing, writing music, exercising. While I could probably do some of these while in school, it simply is impossible to delve into them as much as I would like.

Still, we did some art therapy in my social work with groups class last night. I had forgotten how much I LOVE drawing despite my ineptitude at it in terms of technique and skill. I am going to work to increase my drawing time spent.

Tomorrow, I leave to go to Pensacola, FL with my lovely fiance(add accent mark over the "e") to see the Blue Angels air show this weekend and spend time with my Dutch step-relatives. I'm very excited about it. My pale skin is all prepared and ready to roast.

6 comments:

Darcie said...

Glad to see an update! When are you two lovely people getting hitched?

TS said...

I believe God has you where He wants you. I figure one day He'll give you the time for these other things...if not change the desires of your heart. Tomato to-mah-toe. Can you believe I'm already talking about my MS vacation in a a few months?! I look forward to it.

Cary said...

hey brotha.
miss ya. glad to hear you're still alive in your educational world. you're over the hill graduate-school-wise!
talk to you soon, when i get Internet in a more available fashion.
word!

Aubrey said...

Hey, have fun roasting in the sun. :)

Darcie said...

RYC-I'm doing pretty well! Tell your wonderful fiance hi for me!

Cary said...

miss ya bro. update or drop me a line or something if you get a chance! if you don't, i'll just have to call you and you know we both don't want that :)