Tuesday, November 4

Congratulations Barack Obama

Well, the votes are in Senator Obama is now President Obama. The reign of President Bush will end on January 20th. I am excited for the victory for social justice this day. I am proud that I have seen the blood and tears of many's efforts during the Civil Rights Movement realized. I was moved when I saw an African American girl at my school's library running to tell her fellow study partners that Obama had won. She instantly pulled out her phone to begin the texting rampage. Soon, though, my stomach settled in my loins. While moved with joy, I am moved with anxiety. With so much talk of the "fulfillment of prophecy," the Democratic Congress and President, the tumultous economy and foreign fronts for our nation, I am nervous. I do not know that I would not feel exactly the same had McCain won.

Nonetheless, let us not forget that the One True God is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Let us not forget that we are first citizens of the Kingdom of God and Heaven and aliens in passing in this land.

God watch over us. May YOU be the harbinger of change above all. Help us to heed, obey, and follow You above all. Amen.

0 comments: