Tuesday, November 11

Quandry...it's like laundry, but more confusing...

I have had so many thoughts in my head the past few days I hardly no where to begin. Sarah's dad - for various unsaid reasons (to many of you, not to us) - has taken away his blessing from our marriage and has said that if we get married in January, he will not attend.

.........

That's all I got. That's it. I am left incredibly confused by the multitudes of questions assaulting my grey matter. I want to honor and respect her family in this, but I'm not sure what that equals in terms of the course of action.

Instead of airing unnecessary details which hurt us about the situation, I'm going to give thanks because I don't want to. I feel so angry, hurt, betrayed, and wronged in all of this. So...thanks.

Thank you God that you use what seems like the shittiest situations at time to bring glory to Your Name.
Thank you that you knew this was going to happen and the You have Your hands wrapped all over this situation.
Thank you God that my integrity has been called out that as the light of inspection shines in internally and externally I can be more refined and reflect you more.
Thank you that I am furious, that I can look to you for solutions rather than futile, sinful outbursts of rage and violence.
Thank you that we have been judged that You will defend us and prove Yourself in us true, though I don't know what that outcome will look like.
Thank you for family and how it shows me the importance of communication, vulnerability, and unconditional in general and for future in relation to my family and other families.
Thank you God that I have the skeletons that I do that Your name can be seen over my taboo past.
Thank you God for helping me avoid negative coping mechanisms.
Thank you God that you seem to be my decreasing my desire for the strongholds that have held me bound for so long. Praise Your name!

Ok, folks, what are you thankful for? And remember, we're called to give thanks in ALL things.

2 comments:

Sarah Lewie said...

If I had a list that said "Blogs that were shaping my internet experience", this one would be at the top.

This is a shit-tastic situation and you both are handling it with more maturity and grace than I could even begin to fathom.

So, I thank God for you two. You guys bless me more than you know. And I thank Him that, even though this is happening, He has graced you both with enough fortitude and strength to endure it in Him. I thank Him that He uses situations like these to refine and continue perfecting His beloved children. I also thank Him that I am a part of your lives. I wish I could thank Him for letting me live closer by, but I can't yet, so I'll thank Him for allowing man to create cellular phones so that I can at least talk to my friends whenever we get the chance.

Thank you, Sir Nicholas for the reminder to give thanks in all things, because whenever I think about this situation, thanks is not the first thoughts in my mind. Usually it's profanities. I'll take this as a hint from God to stop doing that.

Sorry for the long comment. Much love to you and your lady. =)

TS said...

I'm thankful to be able to see God's movement in the lives of people around me - including you and I. Dude...I'm proud of you for the attitude you're choosing to take on. It's the toughest one to have in tough times, and the Nic I knew a year ago would not have been so quick to do so. Be thankful for the growth He's bringing to your life.