I must say that it is INCREDIBLY interesting to look at the Democratic rallies and see people of several races, but when viewing McCain's concession speech only glistening white faces could be seen in the crowd.
I am proud that White Heirarchy will no longer be seen as superior and dominant in this nation.
Tuesday, November 4
Observations
Posted by deliveredjude at 10:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I looked at the Exit Surveys on ABC News and 95% of black people voted for Obama, and 55% of white people voted for McCain. Over 60% of Hispanics, Asians and Other voted Obama.
http://abcnews.go.com/pollingunit/exitpolls
What was it? 'A dream that someday men will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their...' Was it character? I honestly don't remember. But wouldn't it have been nice if NO ONE voted based on either candidate's skin color? Is it any less wrong to vote for someone only because their skin is darker? 95 is a large percentage. I don't think that is what Mr. King had in mind. This election had nothing to do with equality.
I don't care what color his skin is. I seriously dislike his political ideals.
I agree on one hand; but on another, it appears there are likely more important things at stake than racial equality. Not that it's not important.
Interesting. I love that this election reflects the change in attitude that has happened over the last 50 years in this country. I do think that hero worship sometimes clouds reality. It will be interesting to see how it goes down when the schizmack hits the fan.
Hello Nic,
Thank you for leaving such a kind and thoughtful response on my blog. (It's been a long time since I've written that post - I know. I really ought to get on here more often!) But I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your thoughts. I do think that, like you said, a play with offensive language can still communicate Biblical truths.
Thanks!
Post a Comment